Beautiful wooden wall art Tree of Life that is professionally laser engraved and cut and hand-painted with Modern Masters metallic paint
K E Y - F E A T U R E S:
* Click [Addt'l Info] Tab above for shipping and availability
* Crafted from premium Baltic birch veneer
* Precision cut and engraved with C02 laser
* Hand-painted in a variety of colors w/ Modern Masters Metallic Paint
* Backed w/ clear Plexiglas to add longevity and sturdiness
* Offered in a variety of sizes from 12-34 inches in diameter
* Customize the 'Center of the Roots' with a variety of symbols
* Add text around the Tree - select your own or choose below
* A table-top version is offered in another listing
D E S C R I P T I O N:
This Tree of Life (based on a Celtic Tree design of Cari Buziak - copyrighted and used with permission) is crafted premium Baltic birch plywood finished with a black stain. The intricate design is engraved and cut-out using my Epilog C02 laser. After it is engraved and cut, I weed out all of the cut out pieces and clean it from the laser residue. Using Modern Masters metallic paints, I hand-paint all of the engraved areas. This paint, which contains actual metal particles, is amazing and creates a stunning Tree of Life. Finally I assemble the final Tree of Life by adding clear acrylic on the back giving the tree more stability and depth. It is available from 12 to 34 inches in diameter.
Each tree I make has its own personality with the variety of colors, choice and root center. . . and added custom text. They make wonderful wedding and house-warming gifts as well as a me-to purchase just for so.
T H E - B A C K - S T O R Y:
From Wikipedia, "The concept of a tree of life has been used in biology, religion, philosophy, and mythology. A tree of life is a common motif in various world theologies, mythologies, and philosophies. It alludes to the interconnection of all life on our planet and serves as a metaphor for common descent in the evolutionary sense". The Tree of Life is a mystical and magical tree well known throughout many cultures, dating back to ancient times. Different races and religions call it by different names, each having its own tree of life in their mythologies. The Christian origin of the Tree of Life has its roots dating back to the Garden of Eden where it was planted along side the infamous Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Over time, the symbolism of the Tree has changed and expanded and a more current interpretation of the tree's symbolism expresses itself as a huge Cosmic family tree where life in the Universe is interconnected and we all bear responsibility for each other. I favor this universal definition and think the circular design helps depict its interpretation.
I fell in love with this version of the Tree of Life when we did some custom work. Its design is detailed and tangled and a challenge to make it laser-friendly. The detailed engraving is a critical part of the success of this design. In order to show the branches and roots intertwining and overlapping I had to remove the portions of the lines that would actually cut the branch everywhere the roots or branches intersected. Then to show the twisting I replaced the removed cut lines with engraving lines to highlight the twisting and turning. This attention to detail, although tedious, was well worth the effort because it gives the Tree's design a third dimension rarely found in similar images. I also had to eliminate some of the detail when the cut lines were too close together because no matter how carefully the laser power was tweaked sections of the material, in between these tight spots, would start to melt and/or burn. Even with my design changes, it still happens occasionally . . . part of the uniqueness of hand crafted items.
H A V E - I T - Y O U R - W A Y:
There are many possibilities for personalizing and customizing this piece. I can engrave text in the outer ring, such as sayings, name and date, award information or whatever. We can also add engraving to the stand. Replacing the clear acrylic with a color such as blue or green really changes the look of the piece (I will try to get a picture of this in the listing). You could also request a special symbol for the center of the roots.
S U G G E S T E D - T E X T:
You can opt for NO Text, your own CUSTOM text or any of the following sayings
* Family, like branches on a tree, all grow in different directions . . . But our roots remain as one
* The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who is wise wins souls - Proverbs 11:30
* If you want to be happy for a year, plant a garden . . . If you want to be happy for life, plant a tree
* Trees are poems that the earth writes upon the sky - Kahil Gibran
* Strong roots produce beautiful leaves
* Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago - Warren Buffet
* Teachers plant the seeds of knowledge that last a lifetime
* From little seeds grow mighty trees
* All theory, dear friend, is grey, but the golden tree of life springs ever green - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
* The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The next best time is now
* There is always Music amongst the trees in the Garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it - Minnie Aumonier
* We are sinful not merely because we have eaten of the tree of knowledge, but also because we have not eaten of the tree of life
* May the roots of your family tree grow deep and strong – Irish Blessing
* Some family trees have beautiful leaves, and some have just a bunch of nuts. Remember, it is the nuts that make the tree worth shaking
Be the first to review this product.
- Acrylic Backing: At first I was undecided as to how to keep the cut-out trees structurally sound. Since so much of the substrate is cut-away, I feared that the TOL would bend or break. Making the tree thicker was not working because the cut-outs were too delicate to be subject to more laser burn. (Plus C02 lasers, at their highest settings cannot cut through more than 1/4 - 1/2 of an inch). I experimented with various ideas and really loved the look when I added a clear acrylic back! It not only made the TOL sturdy, but also gives the tree added depth. And it added another dimension because I can also use other translucent colors as a backing.
- Custom-Made in 5-10 working days
- 2.00 LBS
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Dimensional Weight:
- >24in shipping cost based on oversized dimensions
- Est. Shipping for 12in:
- USPS Priority - $10.00
- For 16in:
- USPS Priority - $18.00
- For 28in:
- FedEx - $28.00